Thursday, December 2, 2010

Asian Glazed Drumsticks


Annie passed this recipe along to me and it's delicious. I noticed she didn't post it so I couldn't resist.
Asian Glazed Drumsticks (Skinnytaste.com, Annie)
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 drumsticks Points: 5 ww pts
Calories: 213 • Fat: 4.7 g Protein: 27.5 g Carb: 12.7 g Fiber: 0.4 g
  • 8 medium chicken drumsticks, skin removed (I used boneless skinless thighs too!)
  • Pam spray oil
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce or garlic chile paste
  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 4 tsp agave nectar (or sugar)
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1 tsp ginger, grated
  • 2 tbsp chives or scallions, chopped
  • 1 tsp sesame seeds
In a heavy large saucepan, brown chicken on high for 3-4 minutes with a little spray oil. Add water, balsamic, soy sauce, agave, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and cook on high until liquid comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes. Remove cover and bring heat to high, allowing sauce to reduce down, about 8 minutes until it becomes a thick glaze, turning chicken occasionally. (Keep an eye on glaze, you don't want it to burn when it start becoming thick) Transfer chicken to a platter and pour glaze on top. Top with chives and sesame seeds and serve.

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious Camie and Annie! I noticed that they have agave nectar at Costco but I couldn't think of a good enough reason/recipe to buy it for, but now I have one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this from skinnytaste.com. I highly recommend the site!

    ReplyDelete