Thursday, November 18, 2010

Vegetable Fries

After tonight's dinner I feel it my duty to spread the word about how delicious rutabaga is for all of you who have never tried it (like me). My kids loved these fries. I couldn't stop eating them and had a hard time reserving some for my husband for later tonight.

Vegetable Fries (Real Simple Magazine, December 2010)

1 small rutabaga (1 pound), peeled and cut into 1/2" thick sticks
4 medium carrots (1/2 pound), peeled and cut into 1/2" thick sticks
2 tablespoons olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper

Heat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the rutabaga and carrots with 2 tablspoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast, tossing once, until golden brown and tender, 20 to 25 minutes.

Serve with a big, juicy, sloppy burger!

No comments:

Post a Comment