We had this with Danielle's Chicken Tortilla soup and both are delicious! The soup was great- the chicken is so tender. My kids do not ordinarily touch cornbread but they made an exception for this recipe! You can scroll down for Danielle's soup recipe.
Pumpkin Cornbread (Real Mom Kitchen)
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup cornmeal
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or freshly cooked and processed)
2/3 cup brown sugar
¼ cup canola oil
1 tablespoon molasses
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 10-inch glass pie pan or 9-inch square baking pan.
2. Sift flours, baking powder, salt and spices in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in cornmeal.
3. In separate bowl, beat eggs lightly. Whisk in pumpkin, brown sugar, oil and molasses.
4. Make a well in the dry mixture. Add pumpkin mixture and blend batter with a few quick strokes.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cornbread is browned and the surface has a slightly springy feel.