Monday, October 18, 2010

Buttermilk Pancakes and Syrup

Best. Pancakes. Ever. I didn't even like pancakes before I tried this recipe. And now this is my favorite breakfast to cook on the weekends. Amazing. Recipe is from Danielle's cousin.

Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp soda
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 C buttermilk
-2 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp butter

Buttermilk Syrup
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C butter
- 1/2 C buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 1 Tbsp white corn syrup
- tsp vanilla

Boil all ingredients except vanilla for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and then add vanilla (or other flavor like maple).

3 comments:

  1. Excuse me, Sue. What cousin and why don't I know about this? We are a pancake loving household, you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished making them and they won the title "Hall of Fame". Delicious! Thank you! More great recipes, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Thanks for introducing us to this recipe. We're making it tomorrow, and Spence is super excited! (marie)

    ReplyDelete