Friday, October 1, 2010

Caramel Apple DIp

I don't know about anyone else but for conference weekend we always like to stay put at home and eat snack-y foods all weekend. This is a great dip for such an occasion. You can also set out a bowl of sprinkles or mini chocolate chips to sprinkle on top of the dipped apple slices...just in case you were wanting to amp up the sugar intake.

16 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
1/4 cup water
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup brown sugar

In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, or in the microwave, melt caramels with water, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar. Fold in caramel mixture. Serve immediately with apple slices.

*I can't remember for the life of me who I got this recipe from. If I stole it from anyone let me know and I will give you all the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment