Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chip dip-dip

This is a recipe from my sister-in-law June. It's a sort of chip-dip that serves as a meal. Really easy and really good!

-1 chicken breast (cut into smaller bite-size cubes)
-2Tbs of oil

Brown chicken in oil and then add:
-1 can chicken broth
-1 can tomato sauce
-1 packet of taco seasoning
(Bring to boil, 5 min)

Add:
-drained canned corn (or frozen)
-1 1/2 cups minute rice

Put lid on, turn off heat, cover and let sit 5 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top. Serve with tortilla chips. Whala!

4 comments:

  1. I've been looking through your recipes and I just had a brilliant thought - can I just pay you gals to be my family's person chefs??? ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember talking to you on the phone when you were making this one time and it sounded so good. You are right, a great one to have while the husband is working all night. Scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry it is just me again-I just made this and it was perfect. Delicious and easy and I had all of the ingreds on hand. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie, you are too nice. Danielle, I'm glad you tried it and liked it. You're right about it being a good meal on 'call' nights; then I don't have to share and may even reserve some for lunch tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete