Monday, January 18, 2010

Cheesy Potato Soup

This recipe is only for two servings. I think it's definitely worth making more, so double, triple etc. as you like. I really enjoy dipping wheat bread in this soup.

2 tablespoons onion
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup pre-cooked potatoes
1/4 cup shredded cheese
1 chopped par-boiled carrot
1/2 cup of frozen sweet corn
1 tablespoon bacon bits (1 strip cooked)

Saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour and salt. Remove from heat. Gradually add in milk; cook and stir over medium heat until thick. Add remaining ingredients. Stir over low heat until warmed through. (of course you can add or subtract any vegetables in this soup. For a less thick soup just add a bit more broth; I usually do this when reheating.)

3 comments:

  1. Ah, thanks! I start to believe food tastes better when you're in the right company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could eat this every day of my life.

    ReplyDelete