Friday, January 15, 2010

Taco Soup




Okay there are TONS of variations of this recipe so feel free to give/take from this to suite your own taste buds.

1 lb ground beef
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn
1 can kidney beans
1 LARGE can of crushed tomatoes
1 package of taco seasoning

I always drain and rinse the beans. Sometimes I drain the corn, sometimes I don't. I then add chicken broth and/or chili to taste. The broth helps to thin it out - the chili helps with taste. Lots of people add an onion, I don't. I have added chilies though.

Of course you serve with tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream and avocado. Delish.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yah! I scarfed this up on New Years

    ReplyDelete
  2. Les! We tried this recipe tonight. DELISH!!! thanks! We snapped this pict - hope it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Les - I have made this 3 times already. Its so quick and delish. We didn't have crushed tomatoes so I used tomato paste and it worked good - made it a little thicker, more like chile. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete